You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
A physical therapist aide works under the direct supervision or direction of a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant to support physical therapy treatment. Physical therapy treatment entails helping patients that may be accident victims or persons with disabling conditions.
Physical Therapy aides prepare patients and treatment area for physical therapy treatment and assist Physical Therapists and Physical Therapists Assistants with treatments such as gait training, hydrotherapy, and exercise programs. They transport patients to and from treatment area and assemble and maintain equipment and supplies. They perform routine clerical and related tasks. They work under continuous on-site supervision of a licensed-registered Physical Therapist or Physical Therapists Assistant. Our program is designed to provide students with complete and comprehensive training as a Physical Therapy Aide. Graduates are prepared to obtain entry-level positions in a physical therapy environment.
Applicants must possess a High School diploma or GED certificate or successfully complete of an independently administered Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST) with minimum passing scores of 200 on Verbal and 210 Quantitative
Graduates will acquire the following competences and be able to:
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments.
- Transport patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
- Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- Schedule patient appointments with physical therapists and coordinate therapists’ schedules.
- Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients’ responses and progress and report to physical therapist.
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, or coordinating treatment.
The program will prepare a student to work as a Physical Therapy aides. O*NET-SOC Code Physical Therapist Aides – 31-2022.00. Under close supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing the patient and the treatment area. Sample of reported job titles: Clinical Rehabilitation Aide, Physical Therapy Technician, Rehabilitation Attendant, Physical Therapy Aide (PTA)
|Orientation to Physical Therapy|
|Anatomy and Physiology|
|Physical Therapist Office Reception|
|Health Information Management|
|Physical Therapy Aide|
Requirement for Satisfactory Completion:
To graduate a student must complete their program within 150% of the length of the program and must successfully completed the courses required in the training program with a minimum of “C” or major qualification and maintained at least a minimum of 85% of assistance. Graduates will receive a certificate of completion.
|Course Duration:||330 clock hours/ 11 weeks at 6 hours a day/ 5 days a week|