Legal Office Administration
You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
This course introduces to the field of Legal Office Administration. Students will develop the skills necessary to perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in law offices, legal departments of large firms, real estate companies, land title offices, municipal, provincial and federal courts and government. Students will learn processes, procedures and terminologies used in the Canadian legal system. Students will learn the computer skills necessary to perform the transcription and to use Document processing software as well as specialized legal software and prepare the legal documents such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs etc. Specialized Areas of practices which students will study during the course of the program includes Will’s estate, Corporate and Business Law, Real Estate Law, Family Law, Civil Litigation & Debt Collection etc.
|Word Level 1 and Level 2|
|Excel Level 1 and Level 2|
|Wills & Estates|
|Corporate and Business Law|
|Real Estate Law|
|Civil Litigation & Debt collection|
Upon successful completion of this course student will be able to:
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Produce presentations and written reports
- Choose appropriate methods of business communication in a variety of situations
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative procedures
- Perform general clerical work, such as order supplies and maintain inventory
- Billing procedures and practices
- Prepare and key in correspondence and various legal documents, from handwritten copy, shorthand, and machine dictation using computers
- Compile, Review, proofread and revise legal documents and reports to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences for the employer
- Set up and maintain electronic and hardcopy filing systems.
- Obtain relevant information from other organizations or agencies and co-ordinate the flow of information internally
- Perform accurate legal research and analysis.
- Perform other general office work as required including preparing financial statements.
|Administrative assistant – legal|
|Collection legal assistant|
|Corporate finance legal assistant|
|Corporate law administrative assistant|
|Corporate law legal assistant|
|Corporate records legal assistant|
|Estate administrative assistant|
|Family law legal assistant|
|Legal administrative assistant|
|Litigation administrative assistant|
|Mortgage and real estate legal assistant|
|Real estate administrative assistant|
|Real estate secretary|
|Wills and estates legal assistant|
|Course Duration:||44 Weeks|