Internet of Things (IoT)
You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
This course provides students with an introduction to Internet of Things and covers the concepts, terms, and patterns of an IoT solution. Students participating in this course will learn about the device programming, data analytics, machine learning, solution design skills, industry verticals that are using IoT; the architectural components of an IoT solution and the steps and approaches for evaluating and implementing IoT in your business. We will look at the ‘things’ that make up the Internet of Things, examine the concept of IoT, examine cybersecurity and privacy issues, optimization of processes, including how those components are connected together, how they communicate and how they value add to the data generated to help you develop skills and experiences you can employ in designing novel systems.
Is a Career in the Internet of Things (IoT) Right for You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness Score Now.
|Getting Started with the Internet of Things (IoT)|
|Introduction to Device Programming for IoT|
|Introduction to Cloud Services for IoT|
|IoT Device Configuration and Communication|
|Project – Internet of Things(IoT)|
Upon successful completion of this course student will be able to:
- Understand what IoT is and the difference between a commercial IoT device and a
consumer IoT device
- Explain how IoT can be used to support business needs in industries like
Manufacturing, Energy, Healthcare, Retail, and Transportation
- Describe the components of an IoT Architecture
- Describe the security considerations that must be addressed when implementing an IoT
- Describe software and services that go into an IoT solution and how security
considerations are addressed within the implementation
- Developing predictive maintenance and other ML solutions for IoT scenarios.
- Able to configure the latest tools and implement data analytics and storage
requirements for their IoT solutions.
- Describe the communication, data, and process pathways implemented within an IoT
- Discover and report the trends in your business data that lead to insights and
improvements, how to use the latest data visualization tools to create reports using
historical and live data.
- Describe the device categories available in the marketplace and characteristics of
commonly used devices
- Evaluate and align a use case scenario or problem statement with a real-world IoT
implementation and architecture
- Explain one or more approaches for implementing an IoT solution based on a use case
scenario or problem statement
|Graduates of this program will be able to start their career with entry-level positions in medium to large-sized companies as|
|computer application programmer|
|Embedded IoT Engineer|
|Interactive media programmer|
|Informatics quality assurance (QA) analyst|
|Minicomputer systems programmer|
|Operating systems programmer|
|Special effects programmer|
|Course Duration:||180 Hours|