You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
This course will equip students with the skills needed to create exciting, innovative graphics in a professional manner using several applications to produce clear images and concepts and to communicate ideas, while developing an understanding of effective design production. Classroom knowledge will then be linked to practical usage through participation in a work placement. Students in our Graphic Design Courses will learn Graphic Design using the newest computer applications and software to prepare them for a career in this thriving field.
This course will train you in sophisticated Adobe design programs as well as fully utilizes the applications of Microsoft Office’s creative side.
Starting with Adobe Photoshop this course examines the graphic design process then progresses to the use of Adobe InDesign, Flash, and Premiere enabling participants to integrate all programs to produce complex design solutions to meet the needs of any business. Through the use of various, methods students will construct and combine words, symbols, and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages.
Is a Career in Graphic Design Right for You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness Score Now.
|Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML & CSS|
|Introduction to PHP and MySQL|
|Final Project Presentation|
Upon the successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand, and fully utilize the functions of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Develop skills in graphics using Photoshop to produce clean professional images
- Use layering, painting, and patterns to format images using filters and effects
- Use Vector Graphics to produce line illustrations and develop illustration skills
- Organize workspaces and work with art boards using Vector Graphics (Illustrator)
- Utilize the features of Adobe InDesign to create publications with images and text
- Understand resolutions, digital pixels and how to save files
- Use Photoshop to alter photographs by applying filters and effects
- Explain and demonstrate how typefaces are used in print and digital art
- Work with fonts, logo drawings, sketches, and files of various formats and sizes
- Use the features in Dreamweaver to create websites incorporating text and images
- Understand coding including HTML5, Cs3 and PHP
- Create hyperlinks and link email addresses, as well as live chat integration
- Use Flash to understand animating filters, transformations and transparencies
- Edit audio files, create flash video and save and change video formats
- Use Adobe Premiere for video editing, adding audio, and implementing video
|Graduates of this program will be able to start their career as:|
|Graphic and Visual Designer|
|Flash Graphic Designer|
|User Interface Designer|
|Course Duration:||155 Hours|