Upon successful completion of this course student will be able to:
- Understand what IoT is and the difference between a commercial IoT device and a consumer IoT device
- Explain how IoT can be used to support business needs in industries like Manufacturing, Energy, Healthcare, Retail, and Transportation
- Describe the components of an IoT Architecture
- Describe the security considerations that must be addressed when implementing an IoT solution
- Describe software and services that go into an IoT solution and how security considerations are addressed within the implementation
- Developing predictive maintenance and other ML solutions for IoT scenarios.
- Able to configure the latest tools and implement data analytics and storage requirements for their IoT solutions.
- Describe the communication, data, and process pathways implemented within an IoT solution
- Discover and report the trends in your business data that lead to insights and improvements, how to use the latest data visualization tools to create reports using historical and live data.
- Describe the device categories available in the marketplace and characteristics of commonly used devices
- Evaluate and align a use case scenario or problem statement with a real-world IoT implementation and architecture
- Explain one or more approaches for implementing an IoT solution based on a use case scenario or problem statement
Internet of Things (IoT): Practicum (400 hours)